ICAO AVIATION ENGLISH
ICAO EN exam preparatory course
The aim of the course
The first aim of this short course is to prepare you for success on the ICAO English Exam. Success in this case means achieving a score of 4 or above on each of the exam’s measures:
The second, related aim of this course is to help you to become a safe, efficient and effective communicator, in a worldwide industry where safe, efficient and effective communication is highly valued… and essential
- 10 lessons
- Individual lessons with an instructor
- Full-time instruction / online instruction – lessons can take place in person at the flight school premises at Kladno Airport or online via our virtual classroom
- The lecturer is a native speaker, ICAO EN examiner
- The price of the course includes study materials and workbooks
- Certificate of completion of the course
Lucky for us, language acquisition is not a purely intellectual endeavor. Understanding and producing language successfully is the combined result of necessity, passion, repetition, and—yes—fun! That is why this short course incorporates various multimedia, simulations and other activities designed to enhance various components of Aviation English, as well as your ICAO test-taking skills. Included are two hours devoted to flights to/from controlled/uncontrolled airports, and one hour devoted to an entire ICAO exam simulation at the end.
But the syllabus below, derived from Philip Shawcross’ Flightpath, is merely a suggestion. Every student has his or her unique needs and talents. Therefore, every course will be re-designed with those needs and talents in mind. ICAO.
1. What exactly is Aviation English?
2. Ground Movements
3. Communicating on the Ground
4. Runway Incursions
5. Environmental Threats
6. Flying to/from Uncontrolled Airports
7. Flying to/from Controlled Airports
8. Approach and Landing Incidents
9. Handling a technical malfunction
10. Full ICAO Exam Simulation with Feedback
Student Course Materials:
- Course packet with activities, target language, and glossary
- Power Point Presentations
- Various public domain radio transmissions, accident reports, charts, etc.